This place is located in Cajon del Maipo,50 km southeast from Santiago. Through this Valley we can find the Maipo River, which is the main river in the area. With its 250 km is the fifth longest river in Chile.
We will cross through some Andean villages until we reach our destination. At the viewpoint, if the day is clear, we will be able to see the Tupungato Volcano, the highest volcano in the southern hemisphere at 6.570 meters (21.555 feet) above sea level.
At the viewpoint, if the day is clear, we will be able to see the Tupungato Volcano, the highest volcano in the southern hemisphere at 6.570 meters (21.555 feet) above sea level.
- We will leave Santiago at 08:00.
- We will reach an area called Alfalfal around 09:30 AM where our trek will start.
- Once at the viewpoint we will enjoy the views of the wonderful ”Cañon Río Colorado”. If we have lucky we will be able to catch sight of some condors.
-Una vez en el Mirador podremos apreciar el maravilloso cañón del Río Colorado. Si tenemos suerte podremos apreciar el vuelo de algún que otro Cóndor.
- After a deserved rest, while having a box lunch we will be heading back to the car to share some Spanish style food with a selection of cheese, cured ham and Chilean wine.
- Back to Santiago at 07:00 PM. aprox.
Physical effort: Medium
It includes: Transportation, guide, box lunch, tickets to the parks, Spanish style brunch and Chilean wine.
Price per person: $135.000 Chilean pesos private excursion, minimum 2 passengers.