The National Park El Morado is located in Cajón del Maipo, about 93 kilometers southwest from Santiago. The Park is a protected area in the heart of the Andes. It encompasses the Morales Stream and the adjacent mountains, enhancing the magnificent mountain of El Morado, the highest mountain at an altitude of 5.060 meters (16.596 feet) above sea level, which also gives its name to the park. We will start our trek at the entrance of the park. After 4 kilometers we will reach Panimávidas waters sector, where mineral water emerges from earth.
We will continue to trek through a path surrounded by high mountains. We will get to the impressive Morales Lake and its beautiful teal waters at the base of Morado Mountain. Here we will enjoy a magnificent view of the San Francisco Glacier.
- We will leave Santiago to Baños Morales (Andes Area) at 08:00 AM
- Arrival in the National Park el Morado at 10:00 AM aprox.
- After 2 hours and 30 minutes trek we will reach Morales Lake crossing Panimavidas waters. We will enjoy the San Francisco Glacier views.
– Box lunch
- Back to the car. We will end the day over brunch in a quiet place enjoying a selection of cheese, Spanish cured ham (jamón) and Chilean wine.
- Arrival to Santiago at 19:00 aprox.
Physical effort: Medium
It includes: Transporte, guía español / inglés, box lunch, bebidas, entrada al parque y tablas.
Price per person: $135.000 Chilean pesos private excursion, minimum 2 passengers.