This place is located in Cajón del Maipo, 50 km southeast from Santiago. Through its Valley we can find the Maipo River, which is the main river in the area. With its 250 km is the fifth longest river in Chile.
We will cross through some Andean villages until we reach our destination. At the viewpoint, if the day is clear, we will be able to see the Tupungato Volcano, the highest volcano in the southern hemisphere at 6.570 meters (21.555 feet) above sea level.
From the viewpoint, if the day is clear, we will be able to see the Tupungato Volcano, the highest in the southern hemisphere, at 6.570 meters (21,555 feet) above sea level.
- We will leave Santiago at 08:00.
- We will reach an area called Alfalfal around 09:30 AM where we will start the horseback ride.
- Security instructions. We will reach Rio Colorado viewpoint after 2 hours aprox.
- Once at the viewpoint we will enjoy the wonderful views of Canyon Río Colorado. If lucky, we will be able to catch sight of some condors.
- After a deserved rest, while having a snack we will be heading to a picnic area to share a tasty asado (barbecue).
- Back to Santiago at 07:00 PM . aprox.
Physical effort: Medium
Transportation, horses, guide, tickets to the parks snack and asado (barbecue)