The National Park El Morado is located in Cajón del Maipo, about 93 kilometers southwest from Santiago, Baños Morales. The Park is a protected area in the heart of the Andes. It encompasses the Morales Stream and the adjacent mountains, enhancing the magnificent mountain El Morado, the highest mountain at an altitude of 5.060 meters (16.596 feet) above sea level, which also gives the name to the park.
We will get to Cajón del Arenas where we will start a beautiful horseback ride for about 2 hours and 30 minutes until we reach the lake where the thousand-year-old ice from Colgante Del Morado lies.
- We will leave Santiago heading into Cajón del Arenas (Andes Range) at 08:00 AM.
- Arrival in Cajón del Arenas: 10:30 AM aprox.
- 2 hours and 30 minutes trek.
- Box lunch.
- Tasty asado while enjoying the lake and the surrounding mountains.
- Arrival to Santiago 07:00 PM aprox.
Physical effort: Medium
Incluye: Transporte, guía español – inglés, box lunch, bebidas, asado.